Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie

The name of the Red Hot Chili Pepper's new single, The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie, is set to release on July 18th on some UK radio station. However, some awesome/evil hacker got a hold of the song and posted it on the RHCP's website. It was taken down, but not before probably hundreds of fans ripped it and reposted it elsewhere. As a result, they decided to release the single early.

 New Album Artwork: I'm With You - Release Date: August 30






Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Adventures of Raindance Maggie from KlaasJanG on Vimeo.


You can hear the new single here: The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie
Just click the play button, or just play the video I added above.

I'm sure the first question people will ask, if any, will be what I think of it. So here are my initial feelings after only having heard the song thirty minutes ago.

I recommend listening to it three times before deciding whether you like it or hate. The first time I heard it, I just compared it to all their other work. Which I think is natural. However, after my first time I was mostly lukewarm. After the second time listening, I started hearing some of the new sound and noticing other ways that the music has changed from previous albums/guitarists. In general, just starting to pick up on their new sound rather then noticing how its not their old sound. By the third time listening, I think I was able to appreciate the music much more because I wasn't simply comparing it, or listen to every little part. Ultimately, I rather like it. Is it my favorite Red Hot Chili Pepper song ever? No, its not, but neither was my favorite song my favorite the first time I heard it. What I can say, is that any lingering worry or doubt about the new album or guitarist is now gone. Instead I am just more excited to hear all the new music and I think it will be great. Even without John Frusciante.

Listen to the new song, enjoy it, and tell me what you think!!

No comments:

Post a Comment