Tuesday, June 14, 2011

General updates and things on my mind

Firstly, I have an update about work. Don't worry, I know how people hate it when I ramble on about work. So I'll keep it simple, and only include the relevant information without bogging you down with useless minutia. So this is my official announcement. As of today I will be applying for the new Sales Consultant position at my store. What does that mean? I am not entirely sure, I just heard about it. All I know for sure is that it will eliminate most of current job (cashiering, stocking, etc.) and I will specialize in selling stuff and coaching my fellow teammates to help increase sales. I assume its a promotion because I have to apply for it. I don't know if there is a pay increase. So wish me luck, I still have to interview.

Since I mentioned OfficeMax. . . Sara, don't forget that kevin's camera is under a 2 yr warranty. I hope you saved the receipt (if not let me know I can do a receipt look up). Anyways, its been a year, maybe a good time to upgrade before summer fun and memories? That's up to you, just don't forget. If you don't use it then it is a waste of money. The warranty covers wear and tear and "accidental" damage. Lindsey, if you are reading, don't forget about your printer too. I know you just got ink, but let me know when it starts to get low. With your max, you can get a new printer with a new set of cartridges (included) for less then the cost of replacing your ink.

Finally, concluding the topic of OfficeMax. I am, no kidding, contractually bound to remind everybody, since this is posted on the internet, that my views and opinions do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of OfficeMax. I am in no way a spokesperson for OfficeMax.

Alright, so now that I can't get fired, lets move on to things that are on my mind.

I would like to respond to Jon's comment on my previous blog about the new RHCP guitarist. I feel saddened at the lose of John Frusciante as he has been the guitarist for much of their great music that has made them the band they are today. However, given that it is useless to cry over it, I look forward to Josh Klinghoffer with cautious optimism. He has a strong connection to Frusciante in much of Frusciantes solo work. As well as, I believe, in the band Ataxia, that Frusciante was also in. To an extent I am sure that there will still be style similarities with Kinghoffer works. So that's good. That being said, its an entirely new person and he will never be able to replace Frusciante. However, I trust the rest of the band in choosing Klinghoffer and he is definitely a talented and seasoned guitarist.

Fun fact: How many guitarists have the RHCP gone through?
Answer:8

Since I am on the topic of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, here is a link and a video you might enjoy.

Frusciante voted best guitarist of the last 30 years




Sweet video, you really should watch the whole thing. It sums up why I will miss Frusciante.

From here I'll take you to a new band that I discovered thanks to a friend of mine at work. He is a drummer in the band called The Vandrie. He turned me on to a band called Roster McCabe. Their style (according to itunes) is Funky Reggae Dance Rock. Its pretty sweet. All their music can be downloaded for free on their website with the pay what you want philosophy. If you do download and do like it, you should def donate something. If no one did then we couldn't get it for free. I recommend a good song to start to get a taste of them is Stargazer. Album wise my favorite is The Rhythm/The Elements. Here is the link to their website and their free music. Music is under downloads. You can hear stargazer through the player at the top of the page.

On another note, the Vandrie will be opening for Lynyrd Skynrd(?). My buddy invited me out there to see them. I guess he can get tickets for $15, so that will be hard to pass up. I'll post pictures when the day comes.That is, if I can get that day off work.

Alright, I'm all blogged out, so I will leave you with a request to post comments again. Thats what makes this fun. Also, give mom a hug when next you see her. I guess she is feeling lonely and having trouble coping. Though I don't expect anyone to have actually read this far. Since I admit I rambled. Though I guess chip read this far, he likes reading long pointless stories. Give me a call chip, lets hang out.

I almost forgot, don't forget about my previous post about a youtube vid I found. I posted it right before this one, so it would be easy to miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment